native pkg versioning (was Re: Question about native packages)

(all CC:s removed)

On Sun, 04 Feb 2001, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>  -> if yes, do as you wish. But be warned that I'll be proposing in policy
>  Henrique>    that *SOURCE* (not binary) native packages be forbidden
>  Henrique>    debian revision fields (there's a good reason for that,
>  Henrique>    see thread in -policy).
>
> 	And I'll be opposing that since I do not see the reason for
>  separating the source vs binary package as far as versioning is
>  concerned.

Erk. Let me see if I understood your point...

You would not oppose forbidding debian revision fields for native packages
(binary and source), but will oppose forbidding debian revision fields for
native packages (source) and not for native packages (binary) ?

I was actually thinking of a proposal that makes it clear that it is
forbidden for native source packages, and says nothing (and implies nothing)
at all for native binary packages (since the current policy does not say
anything about both anyway).

  Henrique Holschuh