Re: Question about build dependencies.

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> > Ok. Should this be a lintian check? Test for cvs -d :pserver:...
> > in the rules file?
>
> I can add it if I must.  However I would like to trust our developers to not be
> that silly (-:
>
> Besides, it COULD be valid to do a cvs co via another make rule in the rules
> file, as long as it is not called by dpkg-buildpackage.

Anyway, one can put a cvs checkout in the build rule w/o breaking any
autobuilders, if you're really careful. base-config has had this for
ages, without causing any problems:

CVSGET=cvs -d":pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/webwml" \
        co -p webwml/english/mirror/Mirrors.masterlist

build:
        # Freshen Mirrors.masterlist file, but allow failure.
        if $(CVSGET) > Mirrors.masterlist.0 \
           && [ -s "Mirrors.masterlist.0" ]; then \
                mv -f Mirrors.masterlist.0 Mirrors.masterlist > /dev/null 2>&1;
        fi

This is good since it means it gets an up-to-date Mirrors.masterlist without me
having to remember to update it..

--
see shy jo