Re: LSB Status

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 01:49:09AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Anthony Towns wrote:
> > This doesn't need to be done for Debian packages at all (LSB init script
> > dependencies that interact with vendor scripts can all be trivially
> > satisfied by doing all the vendor scripts first), and the dependencies
> > for the LSB scripts can be resolved at package install time without major
> > difficulty. Which is to say, this could be supported without changes to
> > sysvinit or file-rc [0], without major difficulty.
> Not true, consider what happens for example when something fails.

Things break. That's what happen when things fail. You'll notice we don't
guarantee anything better for our own init scripts.

Cheers,
aj

 "Security here. Yes, maam. Yes. Groucho glasses. Yes, we're on it.
   C'mon, guys. Somebody gave an aardvark a nose-cut: somebody who
    can't deal with deconstructionist humor. Code Blue."
		-- Mike Hoye,
		      see http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/armadillos.txt