Re: LSB Status

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 01:54:55PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> At the bare minimum we'll need to support dependencies for init scripts
> which means we need to modify most of our own init scripts as well as
> update sysvinit to provide the necessary infrastructure.

This doesn't need to be done for Debian packages at all (LSB init script
dependencies that interact with vendor scripts can all be trivially
satisfied by doing all the vendor scripts first), and the dependencies
for the LSB scripts can be resolved at package install time without major
difficulty. Which is to say, this could be supported without changes to
sysvinit or file-rc [0], without major difficulty.

Cheers,
aj

[0] Something like:
		/etc/rc2.d/
			S99zz-LSB-01-oracle
			S99zz-LSB-02-boa
    for instance.

 "Security here. Yes, maam. Yes. Groucho glasses. Yes, we're on it.
   C'mon, guys. Somebody gave an aardvark a nose-cut: somebody who
    can't deal with deconstructionist humor. Code Blue."
		-- Mike Hoye,
		      see http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/armadillos.txt