Menu structure as it applies to dwww and HOWTOs

Due to bug #114692, I am currently unable to use install-docs to
register the documentation installed by doc-linux-html, so for now I'm
writing dhelp and menu files directly instead. Until now I've been using
the "HOWTO" section in my doc-base files, so I did the same in my menu
file. However, lintian points out that this isn't a valid top-level menu
section.

I have a few questions for the policy group about this:

  * Does the menu policy apply to needs="dwww" entries? I would expect a
    separate document hierarchy policy (if one existed yet) to apply to
    such entries instead.

  * So that I can get an update of doc-linux out this month, is "HOWTO"
    an acceptable section for the Linux Documentation Project's HOWTO
    and mini-HOWTO documents? I feel that there are enough of them (372)
    to merit a top-level section, but this probably needs some form of
    consensus in this group.

  * The Linux FAQ is currently installed (via doc-base) in the "FAQ"
    section, also top-level. Is this acceptable at least for now, or
    should it be moved to a deeper section?

Thanks,

--
Colin Watson (current doc-linux maintainer)   [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]