Re: debconf dilemma

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 12:14:50PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > 3. some questions are poorly described. eg. for configuring mouse, in
> > the slang front end, I see a pull down list of mouse types and the
> > following description: "If in doubt choose the first option". Just
> > what is the first option? Can you even rely on the front end not to
> > reorder the list?
>
> Yes you can, and anyone who writes a debconf question like that deserves
> a bug report. You're told not to do so in the debconf tutorial.

I'll just tell everyone right now to not even bother.  I'm whacking the
description from this template as we speak; now it will just be a prompt.

If people can't figure out their mouse protocol, fuck 'em.  It's the
price we all pay for the debconf author making blanket statements
without checking the context.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Human beings rarely imagine a god
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     that behaves any better than a