Re: debconf dilemma

On 04 Sep 2001 15:30:16 +1000, Brian May wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 09:56:31PM -0500, Scott M. Dier wrote:
> > But, neither was debconf purpoused to becoming documentation for users
> > during configuration.  Telling users to reference something like
> > README.Debian works in all situations except for those in the very
> > earliest stages of system installation.
> I don't know how to answer a difficult question, because I need to learn
> how to use the package first, which requires reading the documentation
> first, which has not even been installed yet.

This could be accomplished with an apt-get download-only and a script to
grab the README.Debian, if it exists.

you could even have an apt-showreadmes that could do this before
configuring. (I think less/more is a nicer interface for showing that
then the debconf Note setup is)

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> <sdier@debian.org>
http://www.ringworld.org/  irc://irc.openprojects.net/linuxos