Re: The Debian FAQ

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 12:14:47AM +1000, Edward C. Lang wrote:

> So, this is my informal announcement that I may, time allowing, start a
> rough FAQ that can either possibly deflect and derail wanton behaviour
> on the lists, and also serve as pointer to other interesting
> documentation about the Project.
>
> All suggestions, comments, critisicms, and volunteers are welcome.

Suggestions (and a volunteer):

- Divide up the work.  Debian is a large entity, and it would be easier to keep
  up if several people share the load. (yes, that is me volunteering)

- Thoroughly investigate current and past efforts, especially the Debian
  Documentation Project.  There is, among many other fine things, an excellent
  FAQ in the doc-debian package.

- Develop a system for filtering the information from the various mailing lists
  into the FAQ (in the Usenet tradition).  Kernel Cousin has some ideas in this
  area.  Make sure that, in addition to having general information, the FAQ
  really does answer frequently asked questions (user and developer).

--
 - mdz