Re: obsolete information in debian-policy 3.5.5.0

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Julian Gilbey wrote:

> In ftp-master.debian.org:~ajt/testing/update_out.pl (which I assume is
> the script which is used; Anthony, please could you confirm?), the
> line which defines waiting days is:
>
> my %mindays = ("low" => 10, "medium" => 5, "high" => 2, "critical" => 0);
>
> So there you have it.
>
>    Julian

Interesting.  The reason this came up is a couple of days ago I had an
extremely important upload to make for webmin.  I put critical in the
changelog but dpkg-parsechangelog bombed out.  That's when I did some
investigation and discovered the new set of urgencies.  I replaced
critical with emergency and it worked.  IIRC it didn't get installed in
the archive until two days later.  And today I installed the new policy
saw it still mentioned the old values and got confused. :-)

So is this a dpkg-parsechangelog bug or have the archive scripts not
caught up to new developments yet?

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>