Re: Tightening up specification of /bin/sh

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 10:14:59PM +0200, Arthur Korn wrote:
> Zack Weinberg schrieb:
> > > Further, "identical behaviour" seems a bit strict and hard to
> > > prove to me, OTOH I don't know POSIX well, thus I have no idea
> > > what this would apply to.
> >
> > It's an empirical thing.  You write a test script, and you see what it
> > does with each shell, and if it doesn't always do the same thing you
> > file a bug report.
>
> Well, and if the test script misses that subtle difference in
> the implementation that breaks some shell code?

This is supposed only to come up if someone has already noticed a
difference between implementations.  We don't have to go out and find
all the bugs ahead of time.

--
zw  But then one day I came up with a radical new paradigm for my business...
    I decided that from now on I would only sell boring stuff that people