Re: 7.5.1 Overwriting files in other packages

* Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@hegbloom.net> [010512 20:24]:
>  Is this always true?
>
> 7.5.1 Overwriting files in other packages
>
>  Firstly, as mentioned before, it is usually an error for a package to
>  contain files which are on the system in another package, though
>  currently the --force-overwrite flag is enabled by default,
>  downgrading the error to a warning,

Which part? The "usually an error for a package to contain files which
are on the system in another package" piece, or the "currently the
--force-overwrite flag is enabled by default" piece, or the "downgrading
the error to a warning" piece?

And, as far as I can tell, yes, it is always true that usually it is an
error for two packages to contain duplicate files when both can be
installed on a system.

--
Earthlink: The #1 provider of unsolicited bulk email to the Internet.