Re: reminder: menu icons should be 32x32 or smaller!

> I'd like to remind people that Menu policy says that icon images
> used in the Debian menu system should be no larger than 32x32.
> Unfortunately, people seem to be sticking in any old image they can
> find, these days.

While we are on the subject, is the 24 colours palette really
mandatory ? If so, why since most of modern displays depth are at
least 8bpp?

Icons with only 24 colours are just dirty when you have to adapt them
from beautiful 8bpp icons, while 8bpp icons are still acceptable when
they are made from 24bpp icons.

Wolfgang