Re: Finishing the FHS transition

>>"Adrian" == Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> writes:

 Adrian>      In the source package's `Standards-Version' control
 Adrian>      field, you must  specify the most recent version number
 Adrian>      of this policy document with  which your package
 Adrian>      complies.  The current version number is 3.5.4.0.

	My opinion about the intent that this was meant to convey is
 that when you are building your package, update the standards
 version field to reflect what you comply with.

 Adrian>      This information may be used to file bug reports
 Adrian>      automatically if your  package becomes too much out of date.

	I think this is a flaw in our current policy, and needs to be
 changed. If a package has no bugs (including policy violation bugs
 resulting from not following other must or should directives), then
 it should not need to be updated to just change the standards version
 field; and using the standards version field as a reason ti file bugs
 is just plain wrong.

	manoj
--
 What's a cult?  It just means not enough people to make a
 minority. Robert Altman