Re: Finishing the FHS transition

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 11:19:57AM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > Standards-Version you have, you still have to follow the FHS, you have
> > to use /usr/share/doc, and if you specify build-dependencies they have
> > to be correct.
> That means you can file RC bugs on all packages that don't follow the FHS,
> independent from the Standards-Version?

More or less. The less part is when the FHS doesn't really offer a better
alternative (for things like /var/cvs), or things where we're not aiming
for exact compliance (like having symlinks in /usr/doc, rather than not
having anything). That's still independent of Standards-Version, though.

Policy still needs to be changed to say that documentation should be
referenced from /usr/share/doc rather than /usr/doc, iirc.

Cheers,
aj