Re: Finishing the FHS transition

On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 07:31:43PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>   If noone has a good argument against this I'll send
>   RC bugs in one week to force the upgrade of the Standards-Version.

The packages inetutils, gnumach, hurd and mig are only applicable to the Hurd,
and we have not determined yet how much and what of the FHS is applicable to
us. Most of it is, but we might need an appendix for the Hurd just as there is
an appendix for Linux.

In any way, I will bump the number if it makes you happy on my next update,
and Jeff Bailey took over maintenance of GNU inetutils, he is
preparing an update, but I wouldn't consider an old standards
version a release critical bug.  You will have to bother and check each
package individually if there is actually a violation of current policy or
a critical bug that warrants a release critical bug report.

> GNU Hurd Maintainers (bug-hurd@gnu.org)              gnumach
> GNU Hurd Maintainers (bug-hurd@gnu.org)              hurd
> GNU Hurd Maintainers (bug-hurd@gnu.org)              mig
> Marcus Brinkmann (brinkmd@debian.org)                inetutils