Re: Must and should again

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 06:41:55PM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> I've had a thought about my ideas.  I suggest that we all try doing a
> 'PMI' on them (I will not have a chance now until early next week,
> though).  It's a three minute task, and you should be strict about
> timing, and works like this: [...]

Then I'd ask you to do the same thing with:

	* Don't use the policy's newly found ability to declare
	  packages unreleasable except in the most extreme cases. Indeed,
	  don't even attempt to "enforce" policy. Just make it so that
	  packages that follow policy are clearly better than ones that
	  don't.

	* Keep in mind that all of policy is just guidelines, and that
	  if a maintainer truly does know better than policy, then it's
	  not a bad thing for him to just ignore policy and do what's
	  right.

See you Tuesday.

Cheers,
aj