Re: Package documentation

    Ben> If the maintainer can't add "The docs reference paths that do
    Ben> not exist on a Debian system" to README.Debian, then I would
    Ben> think something is severely wrong with how the package is
    Ben> maintained.

I would suggest that it would be better use of the maintainers time
fixing problems.

Maybe not immediately, but whenever convenient.

Also, I would encourage the upstream maintainer to create the
documentation (eg. man pages) dynamically (eg. pre-processed by sed,
m4, or whatever), so the paths will always be correctly set
(especially for packages based on autoconf).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>