Re: only release packages that have maintainers?

* Sam Hartman <hartmans@mit.edu> [20010220 17:04]:
> What you need to realize (and probably do) is that you have finite
> time and that if after a while you no longer have time to maintain the
> are willing to remove the packages if you fail to find someone who can
> take care of them, then I think you're providing a useful service to
> the community.

This is what I sent to Adrian recently; I'm reposting it here since I
think some kind of Release Notes would be nice:

If you do something worthwhile then write good Release Notes saying
which packages have been removed and listing better replacements if
there are any (e.g. upsd should be removed, replacement is nut and
possibly others).  That would be our users a better service that
keeping packages around which are e.g. not even maintained upstream
anymore.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com