Re: [PROPOSAL] cron.* scripts should be quiet

* Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk> [010220 07:29]:
> Good.  How about something like "cron.* scripts should not produce any
> non-error output in general.  An exception may be made if the
> intention of the script is to mail a status report to root."

Why specifically root? I could imagine situations where a cron script
may be setup to mail to some other user and yet still want to be
installed through the Debian system.

I'd like to suggest deleting "to root".

--
Earthlink: The #1 provider of unsolicited bulk email to the Internet.