Re: Directing Debian users to use project BTSes - should we?

* Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> [010204 00:03]:
> Yes, but my point is that if the Debian maintainer were doing his job
> properly, then at least you wouldn't have to bother about tracking the
> Debian BTS since all the relevant reports should have been forwarded to
> you.

Hmm. While I certainly appreciate what Chris and Herbert are saying, I
don't think all packages are created equal in this respect. Pity for the
poor mozilla maintainer who must forward all of my mozilla bugreports to
mozilla's bug tracking system; However, it might be rather appropriate
for the fetchmail maintainer to forward my occasional bug reports, or
the bash maintainer to forward my infrequent bug reports.

IMHO, $0.02, etc. (By now, someone out there ought to have at least a
dollar's worth of my opinions... anyone want to send that dollar to me?
:)

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all
really impressed down here, I can tell you.''