Re: [PROPOSAL] Allowing crypto in the main archive

Yay. More random crossposts amongst multiple lists. Bcc'ed to -project.

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 01:13:32AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> In addition, packages which have a DFSG-compliant license and use
> a patented algorithm that does not have a restrictive license will
> also be allowed in main. This has also always been so, but was never
> formulated in debian policy for some reason.

Actually packages covered by patents were specifically required to be put
in non-free until version 3.2.1.0. (3.1.1.1 was the version distributed
with potato).

Also, you should probably look at bug 69229, and base the change on that.

Cheers,
aj

     ``Thanks to all avid pokers out there''
                       -- linux.conf.au, 17-20 January 2001