Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included

>However, Debian is in a different position, and the problem is that
>people can and do pull .debs off the Debian site and install them on
>other distros.  The license really does require that we give them a
>copy of the GPL, and that's a reasonable requirement.

I believe this is doable without forcing people to download lots
of copies of the GPL.  (A problem when paying for bandwith,
even if only one copy ends up installed.  And time-consuming over
slow links.)

Simply make sure that the GPL is displayed on the web/ftp site
where people can pull out single packages.  Those who
use a browser or ftp client to grab a package will then get the message
on the screen.

Those who use apt-get dist-upgrade _won't_ waste time & money on
hundreds of copies of the GPL, but that don't matter as those do have
the base installed.

Helge Hafting