Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included

On 1 Dec 2000, Ketil Malde wrote:

> Do we really need to actuall include the GPL in every .deb containing
> GPL code?  Just because there's a server where the .debs can be
> downloaded by themselves?  Does this also extend to a server with
> source tree - e.g. since I can make a copy of a single .h file, must
> it include the GPL too?  Same thing, isn't it?
>
> I believe RMS is being a bit disingenous here.  Debian is a very
> political distribution, but it also has in its statutes a clause about
> being as useful as possible.  Let's not forget this!  (Goes for the
> non-free discussion as well)

As it seems, RMS isn't worried about it on a debian system. no, the fact
to him is that it's not there for others who would install a debian
package on a non-debian system.

Again, Other distributions, such as RedHat, Mandrake, Corel, Etc, do NOT
include a copy in each RPM, either. Have their offices been notified of
this *Blatant* GPL violation?

   < <"What Am I Doing? I'm Quietly Judging You." --Frank TJ Mackey> >
  <         <Rando Christensen / An illuzion worth believing>         >
 <  <illuzionz@xanthor.net>  <eyez@xanthor.net>  <eyez@fragments.net>  >