Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included

tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) wrote:

> I suggested that, and it might be sufficient, but only if the tools
> like alien actually do enforce the dependency.

Huh?  Perhaps I'm missing something, but what does "alien" have to do
with anything?

Either one is converting a package from another format for use on
Debian, or one is making a package for another packaging system.  AFAIK,
alien does not, and cannot properly do dependencies.  (How does one
set up dependencies for a Slackware package?)  So what is your point?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

- Brian