RE: New field proposed, UUID

Sorry, I'm not a Debian developer so honestly don't know all the policies or
processes behind making debs.  But, it seems clear to me that if you use the
pkg+version+arch as your UUID then a change in the md5sum caused by adding a
signature would not effect the "UUID" and therefore be moot.  When I say any
change in the "binary package" I mean any change in the binary files that
get installed when the package is installed.  I'm not talking about a change
in the deb file itself.

Or am I totally confused?

Fred Reimer
Eclipsys Corporation