Re: [PROPOSAL] Origin and Bugs support

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 02:22:49PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 07:51:32PM -0500, Eric Gillespie, Jr. wrote:
> > I agree with this, and this is what prompted my original
> > followup. This seems like a win for both sides, though Anthony
> > Towns indicated that he doesn't like the potential for "hording"
> > that this creates.
>
> I'm fairly sure I did no such thing.

I think Eric confused you with one of the (many) other contrarians in the
Project.  >:-)

(FWIW, I disagree with Eric that environment variables should override
command-line options.  The real mistake was probably codifying the explicit
usage of ".." in the dpkg-deb command line; if only that directory was
supposed to be used, it would have made more sense to just implicitly
assume it inside the tool, and thus give us the freedom to change it
later.)

--
G. Branden Robinson             |   When I die I want to go peacefully in
Debian GNU/Linux                |   my sleep like my ol' Grand Dad...not