Re: [RFC] Package build time config for installation directories.

>>"Ben" == Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

 Ben> Disadvantage? It only solves things outside of Debian,

	You talk about non FHS systems, and non debian people
 installing stuff, I assumed non debian systems were being considered
 here.

 Ben> since surely it would not be adopted as part of the install
 Ben> process for a sane Debian system.

	You want to clutter  with all this junk, including making
 people modify non automake build procedures, all for non FHS
 installs, and you now say that a modified dpkg that can install in
 other locations shall not be a part of a sane debian system? You want
 to modify 5000+ packjages, some non trivially, and you think that a
 modified dpkg is too onerous?

	Am I missing something here?

	manoj
--
 "For the record, pot, like the _Reader's Digest_, is not necessarily
 habit- forming, but both can lead to hard-core addiction: heroin, in