Re: [RFC] Package build time config for installation directories.

On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 02:48:18PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         Would this not be easier done by having a mapping done at
>  unpack/install time, and then only scripts/programs with hard coded
>  paths need be changed?

Uh.. to the best of my knowledge, most packages which use these paths
"hard code" them in some file.  Maybe you're suggesting that, if we adopt
this convention, programs could start using this system (or something
like it) at run time?

--
Raul