Re: RFC: draft sub-policy for kernel patches

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 10:52:31AM +0900, Masato Taruishi wrote:
> At Wed, 1 Nov 2000 23:17:07 +0100,
> Yann Dirson wrote:
>
> > As of now, I don't think a single patch package (including mines)
> > behaves correctly in all these areas.  I have started a
> > `debhelper'-like script to help in this area and to provide a couple
> > additional functionalities.  Those interested will find it at ..
>

> I've already wirtten a dh_installkernelpatch debhelper program,
> and now uses it in kernel-patch-pc9800 as a test.

Got a look at the kernel-patch-pc9800 source.  You didn't include the
dh_installkernelpatch script, and there is no build-depends for a package
that would contain it - that would warrant a "cannot build from source"
bug report, severyti "important" :(

A quick glance at your template files shows your approach has been very
similar to mine.  However, my scripts do add a couple of things, like the
"don't break the source" behaviour I described - only in "apply" for now,
though - and support for patches agausnt multiple versions of a kernel (as
demonstrated by kernel-patches-kdb.

I'd be glad to take a look at its source.  If it has any functionality mine
doesn't, I'll promptly port it :)

Best Regards,
--
Yann Dirson    <ydirson@altern.org> |    Why make M$-Bill richer & richer ?