Re: Priorities

At 11:39 AM 10/19/00 -0700, Chris Waters wrote:
On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 10:46:36AM -0400, Deephanphongs, David wrote:

> If task packages can provide choice, why not let them?  The
> task-gnome-desktop (or something like that) package was helpful to
> me when I wanted to install gnome, since it's made up of
> half-a-dozen packages.

Yes, but the point is that the task-* packages are intended for use
with the program tasksel, which is used by the initial install system.

This may seem like a silly point, but...

if the task-* packages are intended solely for the purview of tasksel, why put them in the main Packages.gz file? Why not distribute the dependency information as part of the tasksel package?

I may have other things to say about task-* packages, but I'm supposed to be working now...