Re: Preparing Debian for using capabilities: file ownership.

>>"Nicolás" == Nicolás Lichtmaier <nick@debian.org> writes:

 Nicolás>  That's because root will be just another user, with its set of
 Nicolás> capabilities, and you may like to prevent him from altering
 Nicolás> system files.

 Nicolás> As this is a major change, we'd better start now. This will
 Nicolás> also help people who want to implement a capabilities setup
 Nicolás> before we do...

 Nicolás>  Do you like this? Do I send a "formal proposal"?

 	Umm, before we start proposing this, we should ahve a pilot
 project, and have a few machines, including some running servers,
 that run like this, and see what breaks. We can then rty changing a
 few common packages to work like this, working out details of any
 conversion protocol requirements, if any.

	In other words, test and proitotype first. _Then_ we change policy.

	manoj
--
 On the subject of C program indentation: "In My Egotistical Opinion,
 most people's C programs should be indented six feet downward and