Re: A thought on urgency

On 19 Sep 2000, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>  Jason> Mark's problem *could* be addressed by making the urgencies
>  Jason> sets.. First match = priority. By Mark's example you'd list
>  Jason> low (< 1.2), high (< 1.4)
>
>  Jason> I'd suggest the field look like:
>
>  Jason> Urgency: high (< 1.2-3), medium (< 1.2-4), low (< 1.2-6)
>
> 	Umm. Where is this foeld being added to now? I kinda got lost
>  in all the proposals.  Am I right in understanding that the

I would have to go in the control (the one in the .deb) file - how it gets
there is up to the packagers I suppose. Most packages can probably build
it automatically from the change log. Packages like Mark's example can't -
they would have to put it in by hand.

The only drawback from this approach is that it involves significantly
more computation and memory than using simple serial numbers - but it is
more readable.

Jason