Re: A thought on urgency

>>"Jason" == Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@ualberta.ca> writes:

 Jason> On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Anthony Towns wrote:
 >> Another possibility (presuming you have a small number of possible urgencies),
 >> is to have a header more like:
 >>
 >> Most-Recent-Urgency:
 >> high 1.2-3
 >> medium 1.2-4
 >> low 1.2-6

 Jason> Off hand this seems quite reasonable. You do loose the ability
 Jason> to detect multiple high urgency uploads, and the granularity
 Jason> is limited to 3 types, but that might not be so important.

	Actually, we can increase the granularity by adding urgencies
 like security and critical, with obvious meanings. And I think that 5
 sets of named urgencies would cover the most common usage case.

 Jason> Mark's problem *could* be addressed by making the urgencies
 Jason> sets.. First match = priority. By Mark's example you'd list
 Jason> low (< 1.2), high (< 1.4)

 Jason> I'd suggest the field look like:

 Jason> Urgency: high (< 1.2-3), medium (< 1.2-4), low (< 1.2-6)

	Umm. Where is this foeld being added to now? I kinda got lost
 in all the proposals.  Am I right in understanding that the
 Most-Recent-Urgency: field is calculated by grubbing through the
 changelog? So somewhere in the package creation process one can add
 in an invocation to a script that generates this field and adds it to
 the control file?

	manoj
--
 "It is the creationists who blasphemously are claiming that God is
 cheating us in a stupid way." Nienhuys