Re: Picking apart the packaging manual (long)

Previously Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	Well, part of the difficulty in classifying this material is
>  that one has to make the judement call on whether the things being
>  referred to are supposed to be standard API's that shall not be
>  lightly changed, and thus viable policy items, or they are merely the
>  artifacts of current behaviour of the packaging system.

Agreed. What I would like to do is introduce changes in a dpkg reference
manual, and once they have settled done suggest copying them into
the policy manual. That gives me the freedom to make changes, while
keeping a stable policy manual. It does mean some duplication of text,
but I think we can manage that.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@liacs.nl                    http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |