Re: Testing the new boot floppies

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         The definition of standard is the set of packages that some
>  one familair with UNIX/Linux would be surprised not to find on a
>  machine.

Er, no, that's the definition of important. "If the expectation is that an
experienced Unix person who found it missing would say `What the
F*!@<+ is going on, where is `foo'', it must be in `important'."

> My expectation is that all standard packages would indeed be
>  installed if I took no action to extend or curtail the selection. If
>  I recall correctly, isn't that what dselect does?

Right. However, tasksel doesn't let people de-select already selected
packages, so the situation is a bit different.

--
see shy jo