Re: Processed: Do not make hardlinks to conffiles

close 22935
thanks
Hi,

 Debian> Processing commands for control@bugs.debian.org:
 Debian> Bug reopened, originator set to ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk.

 Ian> I have not heard from you, Manoj, with a substantive response.

        Isee. Well, if you had read the message in -policy, which
 people with ptoposals are supposed to, you would have seen the
 substantive response.

 Ian> Circumstantial evidence - the use of the word `REJECTED' in the
 Ian> Subject suggests that this hasn't been fixed.

        This is not a bug in policy. It can be taken as a request to
 amend policy -- and as such, needs to follow guidelines for policy

 Ian> So, I shall reopen the bug report.

        and I am closing this again.

        If you wish to take an active role in policy determination,
 perhaps you should learn about and follow the guidelines accepted by
 this group to do so? The proposer is responsible for the proposal,
 under curent workingof this group.

        I understand you prefer a central authority figure, with total
 control over policy matters (a policy czar, so to say). However, that
 concentrates too much power in the central authority, shuts out
 ocntrobutions from indiidual developers unless blessed by the powers
 that be. and creates a dependency on that single person.

        I would prefer a solution where the DPL may delegate one or
 more people with power to step in, and break deadlocks;  but retain
 the deentralized mechanism we have now.

        You report had been open for two whole years, with no action
 being taken.

        manoj

 EARTH smog | bricks AIR -- mud -- FIRE soda water | tequila WATER