Re: identical extended descriptions

Hi,

        Incidentally, the only significant difference in the
 kernel-{source,image,doc,header} packages is the version nubmer. The
 packaging is identical, indeed, it is automated, and the versi0on
 number is included in the name of the package.

        Arguably, the description of these packages should *not* be
 different, seeing how close they are in packaging.

        A very similar argument holds for netscapa*461 vs netscape*47
 -- the significant difference in corresponding packages lies in the
 version number.

        Perhaps it should be deemed acceptable for packages that
 incorporate versions in their names to have identical long
 descriptions?

        manoj
--
 Everybody but Sam had signed up for a new company pension plan that
 called for a small employee contribution.  The company was paying all