Re: Debian and FHS

On 3 Mar 2000, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>         I would rather change the policy to specify we try to be
>  compatible to the version of the FHS included in the policy package.

I would never argue with you here. It's more practical to follow
specification version x.y which says that external specification [draft]
version a.b [as of date], a copy of which is attached as 'Exhibit A' is to
be followed.

I'm sure some of you have had the displeasure of dealing with
employers/customers who suffer from the 'moving target syndrome'. They
keep changing the specifications and then hassle you for being behind
schedule. It just wouldn't be nice to treat unpaid volunteer developers
this way. They probably already get enough stress from the day jobs.

PW