Re: undocumented(7) and lintian

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Chris Waters wrote:

> Gecko promptly rejected this and closed the bug report, saying that
> policy allows the use of undocumented.

Policy allows the use of undocumented, but it also says, that there
has to be a bug report open, if a link to undocumented.7 is used.

If a bug report has to be open, this means, that it is a bug, that
there is no real man page.  IMHO lintian should report this absence of
a real man page as an error.

Please not, that the undocumented.7 link itself isn't the bug here,
the bug (which should be reported by lintian) is, that there is no
real man page available for the corresponding executable.

> So, I thought I'd bring the matter up here.  If enough people on
> this list agree with me,

I fully agree!

Ciao

        Roland