Re: VA.debian.org runs LDAP now

In article <cistron.Pine.LNX.3.96.1000105001914.7133A-100000@wakko.deltatee.com>,
Jason Gunthorpe  <jgg@ualberta.ca> wrote:
>I spent the entire evening today converting VA to LDAP and cleaning out
>alot of cruft. In the process I had to renumber several of CVS repository
>group IDs, I hope this doesn't effect anything but if something goes
>funny, this might be why.

Hmm - how does this work? I'm not in /etc/passwd, I don't see any
ldap references in /etc/nsswitch.conf, it doesn't use NIS - I should
not exist. Yet every utility knows my name:

$ id
uid=858(miquels) gid=800(Debian) groups=800(Debian)

Curious,

Mike.
--
There's a lot to be said for not saying a lot.
Reply to the list or to miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)