Re: What would the tree look like? (was Re: er)

On Wed, Aug 18, 1999 at 11:55:35AM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> > But in this case, wouldn't it be more useful to have them all available
> > everywhere, so that when you're making use of the examples you can get at
> > all the data formats at once, without having to have a machine running
> > each different architecture?
> I don't see why that'd be useful.

I was thinking about writing other programs to read the same data format,
in which case it'd be nice to have the both accessible at the same time
so you make sure you handled the differences properly.

For some reason the thought that they might just be useful for seeing
how the original program worked never crossed my mind. Weird.

Cheers,
aj

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds