Re: What would the tree look like? (was Re: er)

Chris Waters wrote:
> > I presume (as I mentioned in my seconding of the proposal) that Joey
> > means a symlink such as
>
> > /usr/share/doc/<pkg>/examples/bin -> /usr/lib/<pkg>/examples
>
> Yes, but it needs to *say* that.  Let's get the corrections in first,
> *then* start the seconding process!  :-)
>
> (Consider this an intent to second, contingent on fixing this rather
> obvious problem.)

How about this:

  Any examples (configurations, source files, whatever), should be
  installed in a directory /usr/share/doc/<package>/examples'. These
  files should not be referenced by any program--they're there
  for the benefit of the system administrator and users, as documentation
- only.
+ only. Architecture-specific example files should be installed in a directory
+ /usr/lib/<package>/examples, and files in
+ /usr/share/doc/<package>/examples symlink to files in it. Or the latter
  directory may be a symlink to the former.

--
see shy jo