Re: /usr/share/doc vs. /usr/doc transition, debate reopened

On Fri, Aug 06, 1999 at 02:30:51AM -0300, Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:
>  Why do you think that we couldn't make a decision now?

Because we haven't been able to do so in the last few weeks.

> And will those reasons go away in the future?

Perhaps.  Perhaps not.  But if it is indeed harmful for people to
move to /usr/share/doc now, ten policy should not mandate it now.

(Of course this is all academic now as the technical committee has
been invoked.)

   "... memory leaks are quite acceptable in many applications ..."
    (Bjarne Stroustrup, The Design and Evolution of C++, page 220)