Re: I'm sorry to open another can of worms but.. /usr/share/man transition

Remco Blaakmeer wrote:
> So you want to add a dependency to all of those packages, because some old
> package doesn't work with them? Following normal logic, I would say the
> would have to have "Conflicts: man-db (< the_first_version_that_works)",
> instead.

I was thinking they could simply depend on a package that had the necessary
conflicts, to centralize the real information.

> Other than that, it might be easier to just say "hey, if you are using
> packages from different releases you are pretty much on your own".

Well you're flying in the face of years of tradition if you say that. It's
true it's not written down anywhere, but that doesn't mean you can just
disregard it. Saying that is making a _large_ change to debian's goals.

--
see shy jo