Re: /usr/share/doc: some new proposals

Giuliano Procida wrote:
> Peoples' score files (analogous to "documentation") are no longer
> where they expect them. This is not so serious.

I think this is a non-issue. Who reads score files by hand? Most are binary
files anyway. The games will know where to look.

> However, the save
> files need to be moved "manually" as they are not part of any
> package. So for /var/games, we really do need some carefully tested
> maintainer script template.

Moving files manually isn't very hard. Just look at how various non-conffile
configuration files (like /etc/nntpserver) were moved and use that as an
example -- the issues are the same.

By all means, write and test templates for doing this is you want. I'm sure
people will appreciate them. But they have no place in policy and the policy
list shouldn't concern itself with them.

--
see shy jo