Re: /usr/share/doc: some new proposals

Hi,
>>"Chris" == Chris Waters <xtifr@dsp.net> writes:

 Chris> No, I didn't object to the idea, I objected to the proposal.  And by
 Chris> the way, I don't see *anything* about "five formal objections" in the
 Chris> policy proposal policy.

        A nit pick: the policy update proposal does not have the
 weight of policy. It is merely a convention, or guidelines.

 Chris> All I see is that after the discussion period, if there are no
 Chris> formal objections, and there seems to be consensus, then the
 Chris> policy *is* adopted.  And I've seen people overlook mere
 Chris> negative comments in the past, and act as if consensus had
 Chris> been reached, so I wanted something a little more firm (there
 Chris> was only one formal objection, but a *number* of negative
 Chris> comments on file when I posted my objection).

3.3.2. Non Technical and Subjective Disagreements

[SNIP]

     If the issue raised is especially contentious, or is deemed to be
     suitable for review by the full set of developers, then four or more
     developers can call for a hold on the proposal, and move to send the
     proposal to the larger developer body as a General Resolution. _Note:_
     The constitution may have additional requirements for submitting a
     General Resolution, for example, a minimum number of seconders, etc.

        manoj
--
 The salary of the chief executive of the large corporation is not a
 market award for achievement.  It is frequently in the nature of a