Re: /usr/share/doc vs. /usr/doc transition, debate reopened

On Wed, Aug 04, 1999 at 12:46:34AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Then please provide a test3 .deb that *does* work. Simply getting rid of
> all the /my_usr/doc references in test3 is *not* enough.
>
> * install test3_2.0_all.deb
> * note that /my_usr contains /my_usr/share but not /my_usr/doc
> * ln -s share/doc /my_usr/doc
> * dpkg -i test1_1.0_all.deb
> * dpkg -i test1_2.0_all.deb
> * Notice dpkg complains and that /my_usr/share/doc/test1 is now empty,
>   while dpkg -L test1 says it shouldn't be.

I've completely lost track of what you're doing at this point. I'll
submit this, though: I moved /usr/share/doc out of the way and did the
move-doc-to-share/doc-and-symlink-usr/doc thing. I installed some
packages and removed some packages. Everything seems to be fine. What
_is_ the failure case here?

Mike Stone