Re: /usr/share/doc vs. /usr/doc transition, debate reopened

On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 07:29:43PM +0300, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> > If people
> > would have some patience to wait for a consensus, we could do this with
> > less argument, IMHO.
>
> It should be possible for a developer to trust the policy documents.
> If they don't reflect the consensus, the policy document should be
> changed.
>
> I'm not reverting my packages as long as policy dictates /usr/share/doc.
> The issue is not that critical.

We had a consensus.  Those people now wanting to undo the change had
plenty of opportunity to cause the change to never happen in the first
place.

Arguably we did realize after we agreed to do it that it wouldn't be so
easily done.  For that reason, we started to turn our attention to how's.

This discussion should be about how to make /usr/share/doc work right now
as it began---not a small group deciding that they want to second guess
everyone else.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>             Debian GNU/Linux developer
GnuPG: 2048g/3F9C2A43 - 20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3