Re: smarter way to differ architectures needed?

Previously Ian Jackson wrote:
> OK, how about this: we rename (in a phased manner) Maintainer (in
> .changes) to Uploader.

I definitely agree with this.

> Also, we arrange for this new field to appear in the package control
> file, if it is different from Maintainer.

We risk another non-obvious name here: the uploader need not be the
compiler. Take for example security uploads, where the package is
autobuilded, but uploaded by someone from the security team. The concept
is good, but the name Uploader would become confusing, which is why I
suggested Compiled-by. It's probably not the best name, but it covers
what it's inteded for (or at least what I intend for it to be intended
for :).

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl