Re: [PROPOSED] Change package relations policy to remove references to non-free from main

>         So let us just pretend that we just implement one of
>  weak-suggests and reverse-suggests and call it Enhances, shall we? ;-)

I think there appears to be enough of a reason to allow both of these:
they both have their strengths and weaknesses, but both are useful in
some contexts:

weak-suggests is to be used where:
  a package in main/contrib/non-free suggests one in non-US/anything
  a package in (non-US/)main suggests one in (non-US/)contrib or
  a package in (non-US/)contrib suggests one in (non-US/)non-free

Then if the hierarchy is unavailable (how do we know that?), dselect
should ignore the suggestion, otherwise, it should display it.

reverse-suggests (enhances), on the other hand, should only be allowed
to reverse-suggest a package which is at least as free as the
suggesting package, so that we don't have to worry about the hierarchy
not being present.

  Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, QMW, Univ. of London. J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk
        Debian GNU/Linux Developer,  see http://www.debian.org/~jdg
  Donate free food to the world's hungry: see http://www.thehungersite.com/